Monday, May 3, 2010

You can never leave

Yesterday I was standing on the edge of the ocean. It's amazing to me how many different colors of blue there really are. On one hand there is the blue-green color of the water nearest the shore in the shallow areas. Then farther out there is a distinct line where the shallows drop away into the much deeper, dark blue of the open ocean. Then a little ways out that dark blue meets the lighter but still vivid blue of a cloudless Florida sky. I let my toes dig into the sand, and the waves wash up around my ankles as I admired the beauty of the ocean, the palm trees swaying on the beach behind me, and the feeling of the hot sun beating down on my shoulders. And I thought to myself, I would have a hard time ever leaving this. I own 10 bikinis and not one winter coat. 2 years ago the thought of staying in Florida would have horrified me. Now, I don't know if I could leave. Life never ceases to surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment